2010-10-20

Feeling welcome: Python, you're doing it right!

It was for a very long time (I think back from PyconIT 2) that I wanted to contribute to python. About a month and a half ago I started reading all the documentation I could about development processes & workflows, mercurial stuff (I don't have commit right, so I prefer working on a DVCS than on SVN), bugs management and so.

After all of this, less than month ago I started contributing very small patches; then when looking for "something to do" I found bugs that could be closed, in particular because they were already been fixed, and then last night R. David Murray proposed to give me "tracker privs", that moments after were granted \o/

What can I say? Thank you! that's something making me feel like I'm doing something useful to the language I love, and even if the privs are "not that much", it's a sign of trust, which really makes me happy!

As of now, I feel like I'm between "better be safe than sorry" and "it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission" mood, but we'll see how it goes.

Python, you're making me feel welcome, and so, once again, thank you!

No comments: