2009-11-21

Goodbye MIA team

I can't simply put up any longer with all the shit thrown on the face being unable to do punish such bad behavior. There are just so many other things that increase my anger (like, for example, "WTH is python2.6 still not in unstable?!") that I don't need another one.

For sure, I don't advocate or encourage anyone to join the MIA team, and I'm speaking with a lot of experience... There is a proposal, from zack, to restructure how MIA works (another bright example of collaboration...): when will it be implemented? nobody knows. will it help? I don't think so (much).

My work (MIA work in general) was almost invisible, like invisible were all the harsh and aggressive replies I got. The nice part is that those replies came from people with the worst situation. Something like:
  • me: "this package has no uploads since 2005", reply: "this package has no upstream release since 1983" - 1. probably is to remove? 2. what about all the bugs filed against the *Debian* package? 3. what about the gazillion of lintian errors and warnings on that package? 4. MIA doesn't contact about only 1 package (so maybe there's something more?)...
  • me: "one of your packages has 4 RC bugs", reply: "it's team maintainer!!" - yeah, so let's pretend that since it's team-maintained 'someone else' (that's never you) will work on it.
and several other non-sense replies doesn't leave anything but a huge frustration in you.

And when you got really pissed off, and want to see some sort of reaction on such bad and unmotivated attacks and ask the "People with Powers", what do you got? "sorry, we can't do anything to help you, it's your problem". Something should be done to protect people from fuckheads, make them behave, or else kick them out of the project as far away as we can. But what we got is nothing (and nothing seems to be changing on this side).

Well, now it's not my problem anymore, it's someone else: in perfect Debian-style.

No comments: