What I'm looking for is not a damn complex program, with servers+clients+daemons+agents+satellites (it's just for my box), but something that allows me to:
- have full + incremental backups;
- easy recover / exploration of the backups;
- allows different policies for different filesystems (for /home I want a retention policy of 1 year, while for /media 1 month is more than enough);
- efficiently store big files (like films, big archives, etc);
- it should recognize when a file is moved from a location to another, and avoid the del+cp again;
- possibly start when the external disk is connected, or only if it's there;
- possibly a nice gui/html frontend to allow for easy administration but NOT to schedule backup (it must run as deamon).
What do you have to suggest to me about it?
I , by myself, am considering backuppc, amanda and bacula, while the latter seems a lot complex.
I wait for your reply :)